The Pre-school class is for children from age 2 to 3 years old. It provides children with a great start to their early education. We place the children at the heart of everything we do.
We want to provide the children with opportunities that fill them with awe and wonder, through a learning environment that provides children with everyday resources which provoke natural curiosity. Our sensitive adults then engage with the children to support each unique child’s learning and development. We aim for our children to take the lead in their own learning to enable them to achieve their potential and become the ‘thinkers and doers’ of the future. We believe children should have a rich learning experience, through embedding the characteristics of effective learning, which will lead to a lifelong love of learning.
- Children are eligible to start Preschool the term following their 2nd birthday.
- We offer 15 hours ‘2 Year Old Free Early Education Entitlement’ provision.
- Fee paying sessions are available subject to availability.
- When children turn 3 years old we provide opportunities for them to visit the Nursery to support their transition.
- A 2 year old progress check is completed by staff and parents for all children in our Preschool.
We have embarked on The Curiosity Approach Accreditation January 2022 Cohort. Please keep your eyes on how this will transform our learning environment.
Do you qualify for 2 Year Old Free Entitlement?
Eligible 2 year olds can access the FREE childcare from the term after their 2nd birthday. If you meet the eligibility criteria listed above, you will receive a letter from the Council confirming the FREE childcare. The letter will advise you where you can access your FREE childcare place. You will need to take your letter and evidence of your child’s date of birth to the childcare provider to guarantee your place.If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria and have not received a letter for your child then call Families Information free on 0800 587 8042.
Your free childcare will continue even if your circumstances change.
Your 2 year old will be eligible if you are in receipt of any of the following;
• Income Support
• Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
• Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
• Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
• Tax Credit with a gross income of £16,190 or less
• Universal Credit with a net income not exceeding £15,400.
Or your child:
• Has an Education and Health Care Plan
• Receives Disability Living Allowance
• Is a Looked After Child, left care through Special Guardianship, Adoption Order or Child Arrangement Order.
If you have received a letter to tell you that your child is entitled to free childcare and you would like them to come to our Preschool, please contact the school:
Telephone: 01977 791306 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our learning journey from Preschool through to the end of Nursery..
Preschool Planning 2022-2023